Age-appropriate phonics & everyday morphology
- An excellent grounding in using age-appropriate phonics and everyday morphology to improve literacy across the curriculum.
- Explore using That Spelling Thing across the curriculum to increase vocabulary & improve reading as well as spelling.
- Suitable for every staff member, even those who are nervous about their own spelling.
- Two 1-hour sessions, at least a week apart, will give your staff a chance to try the strategies then go deeper in the second session.
- A third session for key staff is a walk through of the resources provided on your curated Padlet. (See photo below)
- This whole school approach is especially effective if used in tandem with That Reading Thing.